About The Program
The ICFAI University offers a three year regular and professional B.Com course. The program provides knowledge to students in distinct areas of Business, Accounting, Finance, and other extensive studies of a particular area of interest.
The program also encourages the students to self-learn through practical knowledge and offers a holistic opportunity to develop business skills. In the process, students can acquire a high level of knowledge and skills that help them in excelling in the competitive world and thereby contributing to the society. It also prepares students to pursue M.Com or MBA programs in due course.
- Pass in Class XII (or equivalent), in any discipline with aggregate 40% and above marks.
- 3 Years (Six Semesters)
- The B.Com Program is organized into six semesters in three years.
- The University follows a Credit based semester system of teaching learning and evaluation.
- During the Vth and VIth semesters, students are exposed to elective courses from their chosen fields of specialization. These elective courses provide understanding of the specialized fields.
- Banking and Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Financial Markets
B.Com Program Structure Year I Semester - I Semester - II
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Micro Economics
- Business Mathematics
- Organization Behaviour
- Introduction to Computers
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Macro Economics
- Business Statistics
- Business Organization & Management
- Environmental Sciences
- Business Communication
Year II Semester - III Semester - IV
- Corporate Accounting
- Income Tax Law & Practice
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Business Law
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Cost Accounting
- Goods & Service Tax (GST) and Customs
- Human Resource Management
- Company Law
- Business Auditing
- Computerized Accounting System-I
Year III Semester - V Semester - VI
- Management Accounting
- Export Import Procedures & Documentation
- Research Methodology
- Computerized Accounting System-II
- PSI Program-
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Research Project & Viva Voce
- PSI Program-II
Banking and Financial Planning:Principles and Practices of Banking; Banking Law and management; Marketing of Financial Services; Credit Management. Investment Management: Fundamentals of Investment; Personal fi nance and planning; Investment in Stock Markets; Treasury Management and Foreign Exchange. Taxation: Custom Procedures & Practices; Corporate Taxation; Tax Planning & Administration; E-Filing of returns. Financial Markets: Indian Financial Markets; Foreign Exchange Markets; Commodities Markets; Portfolio Management & Mutual Funds.